6.05.2011

Last Weekend Home

Hey bloggerland friends!

This weekend, Ryan and I went back to Illinois for the final time before the wedding. We met with our reception venue (pretty uneventful), I had a dress fitting, I had my hair and makeup trial, and we met with our DJ.

I can't post photos from the dress fitting, but it went pretty well. The lady who actually runs the company was out of town for a funeral, so her sister was taking over for the time being. They had taken the dress in by 4 inches, so it fit much better. The bottom was cut, but not yet hemmed. And she was plotting out the bustle. Hopefully it will all be wonderfully taken care of by the time I pick it up (the Thursday before our wedding).

Now onto the hair and makeup trial! It went great. Here are the inspiration photos I sent my hairstylist...


Here is what she came up with...


I love it. After wearing it for a few hours, I think it need to be brought up off my neck a little bit. The bobby pins were sticking me in the neck, and I was afraid to tilt my head back in fear of ruining my 'do.

As for makeup, I didn't give her much direction. I said I just wanted something that wasn't too over-the-top. First, here's a photo reminder of what I look like on a daily basis...


Here is what I ended up with...


Here's with the fake eyelashes...

And 4 hours later in natural light...


I'm pleased with my makeup. I don't wear a lot of makeup usually (just coverup, powder, eyeliner, and mascara)... so it took some time to get used to the color, but I think it's perfect for our wedding day. Ryan saw it and said I looked pretty. Awwww.

With the last visit out of the way, all that's left now is tiny details and 20 days of waiting.

4 comments:

Genevieve said...

You hair looks great. Your right though, it should be a little bit higher in the back so it is off your back. I love your makeup. It is just enough blush so that you look natural, but you won't be washed out in your photos.

Aunt Kim said...

Kelly,
The hair is gorgeous; is it heavy? And the make-up, wow, truly beautiful! And it does look natural. You will be a beautiful bride!

Kamie said...

You look gorgeous! How exciting!

Saying I do said...

you look so beautiful! I love everything about the hair AND the makeup!

Related Posts with Thumbnails