11.02.2010

My Hairstylist Rocks

Once upon a time, when I lived at home with my parents, I had a hairstylist that my mom and I regularly visited. She cut, colored, and styled my hair to perfection.

This is obviously not me, nor my hair.

But two things have happened since then...
1) I moved away.
2) My hairstylist quit her job.

Before my hairstylist left the salon, she gave my mom a lovely note saying how much she appreciated our business, and offered to continue cutting my mom's hair at her own home.

When I heard my mom would be visiting our hairstylist for a cut and color, I sheepishly suggested she might see if she was interested in doing my hair for the wedding. I figured it was a stretch because she was no longer in the "biz".


But when my mom asked, she accepted on the spot and added it to her calendar.

Score!


It's really the most ideal situation for us. Since she no longer does hair professionally, she won't be missing out on any Saturday income. Since she doesn't work for a salon, she doesn't have outrageous salon-set prices.

She offered to do 4 down styles, 1 bridal up-do, and 1 bridal makeup for $230.


Yeah... just writing that makes me feel guilty.

We will definitely be rounding up on that number when it comes time to write the check!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow, how awesome of her!!! And wow! What a deal!

Lovely Traveler said...

Love your pictures. Also I'm crazy jealous of the amazing deal you got! I have no idea what I am going to do about the hair trial situation...

Can't wait to see the pictures.

Related Posts with Thumbnails