4.26.2011

2 Months To Go

Two?! Oh boy.

Ryan and I took an extensive look at our To Do list yesterday (well, okay... it's my To Do list... so it may have been the first time he actually read through it). After we were done, we felt really good about the progress we're making and the amount of projects left for our last two months.

I think I may have mentioned before... but my goal in this whole planning process is to get everything done by the week of the wedding. I have to work Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of that week, and I don't want to be scrambling trying to get stuff done. I want to use that time to organize and pack for our honeymoon (which we'll be leaving straight for from Chicago).

So far, we're totally on track for that goal. Yay, us!

Here's the breakdown...

Past Month Goals:

1) Purchase and create table numbers. Check! I bought 23 IKEA Tolsby frames from a fellow bride for a dollar each. I then spent this past weekend spray painting all of them silver metallic so they go with our colors (pink, navy, and silver). Ryan and I went through all the possibilities for naming our tables, and ended up with specific locations that correspond to photos of us. So I spend yesterday afternoon designing those.

2) Schedule dance lessons. A big fat X for this one. I keep meaning to do it, but then get distracted by other fun tasks. Ryan said he'd do it on Friday (he had off work), but then ended up cleaning the basement. ::shrug::

3) Schedule dress fittings. Check! Yay, finally! I actually had my very first dress fitting last weekend when I was visiting home. A tiny little woman with choppy English scurried around my dress, gushed over how beautiful it was, and crawled in and out of my skirt for an hour. She needs to take my dress in a whopping four inches at the top because of all the weight I've lost. Notice the lack of lacing room...


4) Plan our ceremony. Check! The ceremony was mostly planned by the church, but we figured out what readings we'd like to do, where they would go within the ceremony, and if we wanted any music. After we got all that worked out, I designed the programs. We have to send them to our Officiant to "ok" them before we can print.

5) Decide on aisle decor. Check! My mom and I met with our florist last weekend when I was home. It was nice to actually meet her in person, and she was super nice and accommodating. My mom and I told her we'd like to add aisle decor to our list (we decided DIYing it would be too much of a pain). So the florist is going to add a stem of white flowers tied with ribbon to every third pew going down the aisle.


6) Print family wedding photos and frame them. Check... sort of. I collected family wedding photos over the past month, and got them all printed 8x10 at Walgreens. Ryan and I have been on the hunt for the right frames, but haven't bought anything yet.

I'm pretty pleased with how we did on last month's list. But that's not all we got done!

Other Accomplishments:
  • We met with our reception venue and worked out all the details when it came to our menu, seating arrangements, and cake.
  • We confirmed our honeymoon reservations.
  • I bought the rest of my handkerchiefs.
  • We finally decided on a place to get Ryan's tux.
  • We payed off our Photo Booth.
  • I bought two mirrors from IKEA and spray painted them with chalkboard paint. We will use them for our seating chart.
  • We decided who will greet guests and hand out programs at the ceremony. Although, we haven't told them yet!
  • We decided to rent a bus to shuttle guests to and from the reception.
Despite how busy I've been with other stuff, I've been working pretty hard recently to get wedding things checked off the To Do list. It's so satisfying to mark it as "done"!

Goals for the Upcoming Month:
  • Decide how I want my makeup to look, and purchase anything I need for that.
  • Schedule dance lessons. (Seriously!)
  • Print menus and reception timelines.
  • Print table numbers.
  • Frame family wedding photos.
  • Create activity books for the kids.
I am in disbelief that the wedding is only two months away. I'm not stressed at all, and I haven't yet hit that wall that most brides hit where they just want it to be over and done with. I attribute that to my serious organizational skills and our reasonable amount of DIY projects.

At this point, I'm just getting really excited.

2 comments:

Future Mrs. C said...

You are so organized! Not to mention have a great grasp on how much you have left to do before the big day. Congrats to you! Can not wait to see the wedding pictures and table numbers!!

Aunt Kim said...

Kelly,
Remarkable! Quite a bit that you have accomplished while working and driving back and forth to Naperville a few times. Teamwork really does make a good marriage!

Related Posts with Thumbnails