2.11.2011

Fitness Friday: WW Week 6

(If you aren't into the Weight Watchers talk, skip to the bottom for more wedding stuff!)

Sorry I missed posting my WW update last Friday! I'm lame. I only lost .4 pounds last week, and was a little too disappointed to write about it.

But I'm back! And I lost 1.4 pounds this week. Back on track!

That brings my total weight loss to 11.8 pounds in 6 weeks. After 5.2 more pounds, I'll have hit my 10% mark!

But I need to vent for a moment about my WW meetings. I'm starting to get really aggravated with the other members. I'd like to think that perhaps it's because they are all much older than me (mostly 55-75 age), so I have a hard time relating to them... but I told Ryan today it was because they are just plain annoying!

They like to interrupt the leader while she's talking and take the conversation in weird and unrelated tangents. Once, someone asked if anyone would sell her a dog crate. Today, someone else wanted to show everyone photos of her new grandchild.

Sigh.

I just don't have patient for that type of crap. I want to listen quietly, learn, and leave. How hard is that?


Plus, they ask soooo many questions... week after week... they raise their little hands and ask the same questions over and over. They don't track their points, and then wonder why they haven't lost any weight.

Public notice: Weight Watcher is not rocket science, people! Follow the program, do what they say, and it'll work.

Ok. Rant over.
___________________________________________

On another note, I've been such a busy map-maker recently! I added color maps to my Etsy shop, and I'm really excited with how they're turning out.


Packages continue to come our way on a daily basis. I think I'm developing an unhealthy addiction to receiving mail. I don't know what I'm going to do once this wedding is over!

I want so badly to make some serious progress on our invitations, but it doesn't look like this weekend is the time to do it. Ryan and I are going skiing up in Michigan as a belated Birthday present to him. I've been skiing since I was 5, and he hasn't skied since he was in 7th grade... so this should be an interesting experience to say the least!

I'm getting slightly frustrated with a couple vendors who are holding up progress on my never-ending To Do list. People need to learn to return phone calls and emails a little bit better!

Happy Friday, everyone. See you next week!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Congrats on the weight loss. I really want to join the meetings, but I've heard a lot of the same complaints about older people at the meetings as you just wrote. I, right now, have no patience since we're planning the wedding and hopefully will be starting to build a house soon.. and I really dont want to hurt an old person. lol!

Your maps are SO cute, btw!! Have fun on your skiiing trip!

Anonymous said...

You are doing so good! I know the ladies are annoying the crap out of you (they would me, too!), but all that matters is that the program is working for *you*.

*Happy dance being sent your way*

On another note: have you thought about maybe saying something to the instructor?

And your maps are SO cute! I wish I would've seen these before I made mine. :-(

Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ms. Lemon Puppy said...

Sorry about your WW group. Is there group/time you could go? Maybe that one would be better. Congrats on the weight loss though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails