11.17.2010

Prop Me Up!

After my freakout on Saturday, I decided to use my day off on Monday to start some DIY projects.

First up... photo booth props!

Supplies: hot glue gun, stiff felt in multiple colors (I chose pink, red, and black), dowel rods, scissors, and moustache templates if you need them (which I did. I found mine here).


Step One: Cut out the templates, place them on the stiff felt, and cut accordingly.


Simple, right?

Well, some of the 'staches were twisty and hard to cut with my jinky old scissors. It probably would benefit someone to trace the template onto the felt instead of just trying to cut it like I did. But, ahh... too late for that now!

Step Two: Attach the moustaches to the dowel rods using the hot glue. It dries much quicker than I expected, so I learned to be quick about my placement!


Step Three: Admire your work!


Step Four: Test out the moustaches.

The Gentleman...

The Villian...

The Cowboy...

The Painter...

and the Dairy Queen...

After that, the gears were really turning, so I started to create some of my own. These ended up being some of my favorites...


I used leftover felt to create "Team Kelly" and "Team Ryan" flags. I hope our friends use these in the photo booth. I think they would make for some adorable pictures!


I tried to test the lips out on Maggie, but she failed and just wanted to sniff them...


DIY Cost Breakdown:
Stiff Felt: $2.37
Hot Glue Gun: $3.49
Template: Free
Scissors and Dowel Rods: Already owned
Total: $5.86

Go Team Kelly!

*All personal photos

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE! You've inspired me to get started on this! My absolute fav. are your shades! (oh and I love the Team Kelly flags!)

Mich said...

Love these!! Especially the star shaped sunglasses--so cool. I may have to snag some of these ideas too...

Vee said...

Those sunglasses rule the school i love them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails