5.06.2010

To Invite or Not to Invite

We haven't made up the official invite list yet, but we have compiled a rough draft. This is mainly so we can give venues a rough estimate. At this point, we are looking at around 150 guests.

But the biggest problem I'm having is deciding whether or not to invite work friends.

Ryan's thoughts: "If you met them outside of work, would you be friends with them? If not, then don't invite them."

Ouch. That's harsh. I feel like it's a bit more complicated than that. I have a few people who I see every day and who I hang out and gossip with when I'm bored. True, they're older and in a completely different place in life than I am (married with numerous kids), but our differences don't seem that great when I'm around them.

Do people really look like this at work?


Usually we just point and laugh at each other's mistakes.

Plus, I feel a little guilty talking "wedding" at work if I'm not going to end up inviting them. Don't get me wrong... I try really hard to keep the wedding chat to a minimum, but sometimes people ask, and I have to answer... and other times, they read things I write on Facebook (stupid social networking sites), and comment when they see me.

Is it worth inviting work friends just to make them feel included... even if it means more money and more hassle for the big day?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails